Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sushi Tei

Twice in a week, me and my friends had dine at Sushi Tei (restaurant of Japanese cuisine). We went to Sushi Tei at Senayan City and Plaza Senayan. When we entered these two restaurants, the atmosphere between Sushi Tei at Senayan City and Plaza Senayan felt different. Senayan City is cozier than Plaza Senayan, but Sushi Tei at Plaza Senayan is more crowded than Senayan City that we had to wait outside for few minutes. Inside the restaurant, there is small sushi bar where the plate is moving surrounding the bar just like in Japan.

Some people thought sushi is identical with raw food. But not all sushi served uncooked. Sushi Tei menu is so various.

I tried several dishes. I like it all. Salmon, tuna, crab, scallop, shrimp, eel, etc. is suitable for seafood lovers. I barely remember each menu name because it's Japanese name. From the dishes I tried, I love boiled scallop the most while my friend loves Crispy Crunchy Roll. When I ate it I felt sea breeze in my mouth... Oishi!


There is one dish that I don't recommend. It is seaweed named Chuka Wakamee. Although I'm a big fan of seaweed, I don't recommend this. Just like its name, it tasted weed.

Every menu has different plate color. The plate color is sign of price.
White: Rp 7,500.00
Blue : Rp 11,000.00
Pink : Rp 16,000.00
Black: Rp 22,000.00
Red : Rp 28,000.00
Dark Yellow: Rp 37,000.00
Light Yellow: Rp 50,000.00
It's important to be smart choosing menus, so you won't be over budget.

With free ocha drink that can be refilled, you don't have to pay for drinking tea too much. Beside the main dishes, Sushi Tei also has dessert menu like Watermelon Sherbet, Sake, Ice Balls, etc. You should try the dessert.

When I was at Senayan City, several times they served wrong dishes on our table. Overall the services is fine.

Location of Sushi Tei:
Senayan City
Plaza Senayan

Related Posts



2 comments:

Hage said...

I go to Plaza Indonesia when I'm in the mood for Sushi Tei.. You should try their baby octopus, I like it very much.. :)

rulyna said...

I had tried baby octopus too. I felt cruel when I bit it :(